Sunday 13 March 2016

design development. batik on fabric

I focused on my fabric batik samples this week. I was very anxious about doing batik design on fabric because of the time and patience that it requires. However, seeing all these beautiful development samples that I produced this week, I am over the moon with the result especially with how the colours all worked together. The first sample did not turn out very good but the next few samples that I produced afterwards proved that fabric works as good as paper. This time, however, i think fabric is the best way to go for my final lengths. My developments also looked even better after being layered with organza fabrics and embellished with beads and threads.


machine and hand embroider, beading, layering of organza fabric









No comments:

Post a Comment